Online barbering courses provide a convenient and flexible way for aspiring barbers to learn the fundamentals of the trade. These courses typically cover topics such as haircutting techniques, clipper control, beard grooming, and shaving, and can be taken at your own pace and on your own schedule.
Online Barber courses can provide a good foundation for beginners, but they may not provide the same level of hands-on experience and interaction with instructors as in-person training. Nevertheless, online courses can be a valuable option for those looking to develop basic skills or supplement their in-person training.
Who Is A Barber?
Barbers are typically trained professionals who work in barbershops or hair salons and use a variety of tools such as scissors, clippers, razors, and trimmers to provide haircuts, shaves, and other grooming services for men. In addition to hair cutting and styling, barbers may also offer services such as scalp and facial massages, hair coloring, and hair and scalp treatments.
So we can say Barbering refers to the profession of cutting, grooming, styling, and caring for men’s hair, beards, and facial hair.
If you are asking if there is a school for Barbering? Yes, there are many schools and training programs that specialize in barbering. These programs typically provide students with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to become a licensed barber.
In barbering school, students learn about hair cutting, shaving, beard trimming, and other grooming techniques. They also study topics such as sanitation, customer service, and business management. After completing a barbering program, students must typically pass a licensing exam to become licensed barbers in their state or country. There are both physical schools and online programs available for individuals interested in pursuing a career in barbering.
Free Online Barbering Courses
However, there are some websites and platforms that offer free video tutorials and guides on specific barbering techniques, such as haircutting, beard trimming, and shaving which we are going to be listing below. For example, YouTube has a wealth of barbering tutorial videos that can be accessed for free.
Free barbering courses come with online resources and tutorials available for learning about barbering, it can be difficult to find free online courses that offer comprehensive training in the field.
There are also some online schools and training programs that offer free trial courses or sample lessons, but these may only provide a limited amount of content. It’s important to keep in mind that while free resources can be helpful, they may not offer the same level of in-depth training and guidance as a comprehensive paid barbering course or program.
Which of the Online Schools and Training Programs For Barbering Can I Enroll In?
There are several online schools and training programs available for individuals interested in pursuing a career in barbering. Here are a few of them:
- The Barber Academy
- American Barber Institute
The Barber Academy – This online barber school offers a comprehensive barbering course that covers everything from haircutting to shaving and grooming techniques. The program includes video tutorials, quizzes, and a final exam. Upon completion, students receive a certificate of completion.
MHDPro – This online platform offers a variety of professional beauty courses, including barbering. Their barbering program covers a range of topics such as haircutting, beard trimming, and clipper techniques. Students have access to video tutorials, step-by-step guides, and quizzes.
American Barber Institute – This online school offers a 100-hour barbering course that covers both theory and practical skills. Students learn about hair cutting, shaving, and grooming techniques, as well as customer service and business management skills.
MasterClass – This online platform offers a course on men’s grooming taught by celebrity barber, Vaughn Acord. The course covers a range of topics such as haircuts, beard trimming, and shaving techniques, and includes video lessons and downloadable resources.
Barbering School Near Me
- Preston College
- Gould Barbers Academy
- Barbering School of Wales
Have you think of Preston College? The college is highly experienced and they have industry-connected tutors, as a Barbering learner at Preston College, you may benefit from visits to barbers, work placement opportunities, free entrance to trade shows, and access to trade tools and equipment at preferential rates.
Gould Barbers Academy
The Gould Barbers Academy provides aspiring barbers the opportunity to learn & train to become Gould Barbers.
Gould Barber Academy is one of the UK’s largest barbering brands. The Gould Barber Academy teaches you all aspects of barbering to enable you to become shop floor ready and cut customers’ hair to the exceptional standards they have come to expect from the academic.
Barbering School of Wales
The Barbering School of Wales provides you with the quickest way to become a barber with their fast-track barber training courses. They give their students all the skills they need to begin their new careers as qualified barbers.
Barbering School of Wales intensive barbering courses are ideal for both beginners and those with experience looking to brush up on their existing skill set. Their private barbering courses are taught by Cardiff’s top-rated barbers with 20+ years of industry experience. With their guidance, you will gain an NVQ Level 2 Qualification in Barbering in just 11 weeks.
Do Government-funded Barbering Courses?
Yes, in some countries, the government does fund barbering courses. The availability and funding of barbering courses can vary from country to country and even within different regions or states.
Government-funded Barbering Courses
In the UK, there are a few government-funded barbering courses available, including:
- Apprenticeships: The UK government offers barbering apprenticeships, which are funded by the government and provide on-the-job training for aspiring barbers. Apprenticeships are available at different levels, from beginner to advanced, and typically take one to two years to complete.
- Adult Education Budget (AEB): The AEB is a government-funded scheme that provides free or low-cost training for eligible adults. Some barbering courses may be available through this program, although availability can vary depending on your location and circumstances.
- Advanced Learner Loan: This is a government-funded scheme that provides loans for eligible learners to cover the cost of further education and training. Some barbering courses may be available through this program, although learners will need to meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify for a loan.
Online Barber Course For Beginners
These online courses can provide a great foundation for beginners, hands-on experience and in-person training are essential for developing advanced barbering skills. Here are some online barber courses for beginners:
- Udemy – “The Complete Barber Course”: This is a comprehensive course that covers all aspects of barbering, including haircuts, beard trims, and shaves. The course is designed for beginners and includes over 75 lectures and 8 hours of video content.
- MasterClass – “The Art of Barbering”: This is an online course taught by professional barber, Julius Caesar. The course covers the basics of barbering, including haircuts, fades, and beard grooming. It includes over 3 hours of video content and is designed for beginners.
- MyHairDuty – “Online Barber Course”: This course is designed for beginners and covers the basics of barbering, including haircutting techniques, clipper control, and beard grooming. The course includes over 40 video tutorials and is self-paced, allowing learners to progress at their own speed.
- The London School of Barbering – “Online Barber Course”: This course is designed for beginners and covers the basics of barbering, including haircuts, fades, and beard grooming. The course includes over 60 video tutorials, as well as interactive quizzes and assessments to test learners’ knowledge.
- International Open Academy – “Barbering Course”: This online course covers the fundamentals of barbering, including haircuts, beard grooming, and shaving. The course is self-paced and includes over 10 hours of video content, as well as quizzes and assignments to help learners practice and reinforce their skills.
Are Online Barbering Courses Worth It?
Online barbering courses can be worth it, depending on your goals and circumstances. Here are some potential benefits and drawbacks to consider:
- Flexibility: Online courses can be taken at your own pace and on your own schedule, allowing you to fit training around work, family, or other commitments.
- Affordability: Online courses can be more affordable than in-person training, especially if you factor in travel and accommodation costs.
- Access to expert instructors: Online courses can provide access to experienced instructors and industry experts who may not be available locally.
- Variety of course options: Online courses can provide a wide range of course options, including beginner-level courses, advanced courses, and specialized courses on specific techniques or styles.
Drawbacks Why it Might Not Worth For You:
- Limited hands-on experience: Barbering requires hands-on experience and practice to develop skills and proficiency, which can be difficult to achieve through online courses alone.
- Limited interaction with other learners: Online courses may not provide the same level of interaction with other learners and instructors as in-person training, which can impact the learning experience.
- Limited access to equipment: Online courses may not provide access to the same equipment and tools as in-person training, which can make it harder to practice and develop skills.
Ultimately, whether online barbering courses are worth it will depend on your goals and circumstances. If you’re looking to develop basic skills and knowledge, or if you’re unable to attend in-person training, online courses can provide a good foundation. However, if you’re looking to develop advanced skills and gain hands-on experience, in-person training may be a better option.