How To Get Rid of Vaginal Odor You may be asking yourself, “is it normal to have a vaginal odor?” Vaginal odor is something we can feel uncomfortable talking about. But getting to know your body can help you identify what’s ‘normal’ for you, and when to get medical help.
How do I get rid of the odor down there with home remedies? In fact, this is an ordinary situation for most women. Vaginas emit natural odors, but what exactly is the difference between a natural and abnormal smell?
In this article, we’ll discuss what a healthy vagina should smell like as well as the causes, symptoms, and treatments for vaginal odors.
Why do I have a strong odor down there? Dr. Rosén says that it usually ranges from a slightly tangy or sour smell to a more metallic smell around or after your period. ‘Generally, if you’re feeling well and your vaginal odor or discharge isn’t unusual for you, there’s no reason to worry.’
What are the Causes of Reasons for Vaginal Odor
A vaginal yeast infection causes vaginal candidiasis which leads to an offensive odor, and overgrowth of a fungus that naturally lives in your vagina called Candida albicans can also cause odor, check here to see about 10 causes of vaginal odor which are.
Metallic and sickly
Simple Ways on How to Get Rid of Vaginal Odor
- Baking soda helps bring your pH levels back to normal, thus controlling the excess of bacteria and fungi. This treats the infection and eliminates the vaginal odor instantly.
- Vinegar gets rid of the toxins that cause the fishy vaginal odor. It is acidic and is loaded with antibacterial properties that will help kill the odor-causing germs.
- The acidity and antioxidants in cranberries, as well as citrus fruits, can help reduce vaginal odor by discouraging bacterial growth.
- The probiotics in yogurt will help balance your PH and prevent the overgrowth of harmful bacteria that cause odors.
How Do I Get Rid of the Odor Down There With Home Remedies?
Vinegar gets rid of the toxins that cause the fishy vaginal odor. It is acidic and is loaded with antibacterial properties that will help kill the odor-causing germs. Soak in vinegar water once daily till the foul smell discharge is treated. Drink vinegar water twice daily. Douche every two days for 2 weeks.
1 cup of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Mix two cups of vinegar in your bath water and soak in it for 20 minutes.
You can also mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 oz of water and drink it.
You can also mix one tablespoon of vinegar in one quart of water and use it as a douche.
The vaginal odor intensifies when the pH level of the body goes awry. Baking soda helps bring your pH levels back to normal, thus controlling the excess of bacteria and fungi. This treats the infection and eliminates the vaginal odor instantly.
1/2 cup of baking soda
1. add baking soda to your bath and soak your lower body in it for 20-30 minutes.
2. You can also mix a tablespoon of baking soda in 2 cups of water and use it as a vaginal douche.
Related Article For You: